After 67 years in the Warren Family, Randy and Heather have sold the Warren Farm to Theodore Wiegand and Eleanor Kane.
Theo comes from generations of wheat farmers in Montana and Eleanor is originally from Massachusetts. They're moving to Barrington after farming in MA for three seasons, where most of their experience was in grassfed, organic animal husbandry and small scale, organic vegetable production. They're excited to continue the tradition of cut your own Christmas Trees, as well as expand the vegetable operation and offer grassfed goat and lamb, pasture raised pork, chickens, eggs, and Thanksgiving turkeys.
Posted by Eleanor Kane :: Tuesday, July 15 :: 11:25am
We had such a good time with everyone on Sunday - thanks to those who stopped by! We'll be open again this week for pick your own raspberries on Wednesday, July 16th and Saturday, July 19th from 10am to 6pm for pick your own raspberries! Hopefully the weather tomorrow won't be too bad!
Please come by the farm store before picking. We’ll give you containers to pick into and explain the best rows to pick from. If you bring your own containers, we’ll weigh them before you pick.
Price: 5.49/ lb (which works out to about $3.50/ pint)
Things To Know
- Long Pants: We know it’s summer and there’s nothing like running around in shorts and skirts, but we don’t mow our grass as short as some farms do, so come prepared for taller grass as well as potentially some ticks.
- Close Toed Shoes: We’re a working farm and the terrain can be slightly rough. We strongly recommend avoiding flip-flops and sandals
- No Dogs: Dogs will not be allowed in the berry patch (except for Russell who might follow you out there – sorry he barks so much! He’s very friendly!)
- Weeds: We have not had a chance to weed the raspberries this summer. We’re still grappling with this being our first season on the farm, so please pardon our appearance as we continue to get our feet under us!
Other Available Products
The farm store will be open as normal, with a selection of our vegetables, as well as other products we carry:
- Grassfed, Pasture Raised Pork, Chicken, Goat, and Beef
- Fresh Eggs: $5 /doz
- Homemade soap
- Handmade, local pottery, including mugs, bowls, jars, and plates
- Local maple syrup from right here in Barrington, NH